Friday, April 8, 2011

#14 Sparkle Motion

Imagine, if you will, a person made of sprinkles and glitter and sugar and spice (and everything naughty, err, nice)... what kind of ice cream would you make for that person? Well, I came up with Cinnamon Imperial Jewel Blend Jimmie Rainbow Sanding Sugar Super Sweet Ice Cream. But that's too long to remember. So, this ice cream is called SPARKLE MOTION.

Now, here's a pop culture contest. If you know where Sparkle Motion comes from then be the first to quote it accurately in a comment and I'll make a specialty ice cream just for you!

So this is what happened.

I made the ice cream base (using 1% milk instead of whole) and then melted a 1/2 cup of cinnamon imperial red hots into it. They turned the mixture bright red. It was neat. After they completely dissolved I added in the 3 cups of cream which created a soft pink color. In order to emphasize the cinnamon flavor I added a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon extract and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Then just to be safe I added a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Throwing in a little vanilla every now and then seems to accentuate the flavor of ice cream.

After the ice cream was pre-chilled in the freezer I put it into the ice cream maker. When it was nearly done I added one cup of the jeweled jimmies.

Finally I topped it off with some rainbow sanding sugar (which quickly began to melt...) and a few remaining cinnamon red hots.

This ice cream tastes remarkably similar to the Imperial Red Hot Blast I made a few weeks ago, but that's the flavor I was going for because the birthday girl said it was her favorite. ;-)

Well, there you have it - the story of a fun, party-rific birthday ice cream for the one and only Tasha, baker of tasty cupcakes and foodie extraordinaire!

3 comments:

  1. Alas, I do not know what Sparkle Motion is from. But yay anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

    Personally, I don't see how you can doubt President Roslin's commitment to ANYTHING, even when she's Donnie Darko's mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have won the sparkle motion competition! oh well, the ice cream wouldnt have made it to seattle anyway!

    ReplyDelete