Wednesday, May 11, 2011

#17 Chocolate Peppermint

Going on vacation made me fall a little behind on my one ice cream per week schedule, so I'm going to try and catch up over the next few weeks. To get back into the swing of things I made a simple chocolate peppermint ice cream.


I had one package of German baking chocolate left over from the German Chocolate Cake ice cream, so I threw it into the pot along with the other ingredients from the basic ice cream recipe.

After the chocolate melted I used the immersion blender and mixed everything up until it looked smooth and silky. I was tempted to pour myself a glass of this super sweetened hot chocolate milk, but I resisted. (Although I did taste it a few times more than was necessary. /shameless confession)

Next I added 3 cups of cream and 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract. Also, this happened.

Then I chilled it, churned it, and garnished the chocolate peppermint ice cream with some crushed peppermint candy!
And there you have it.


A simple super-tasty chocolate peppermint ice cream dessert of deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment